DOT & NON-DOT SUPERVISOR TRAINING COURSE
This course is designed for supervisors to help them better recognize the signs, symptoms and performance issues that arise from drug abuse and alcohol misuse in the workplace. Supervisor training is a key component of an employer's drug free workplace program and can help improve work place safety, increase productivity, avoid unnecessary legal liability as well as other reasons. An essential role of supervisors is the maintaining of a safe work environment for employees, customers and the public. Reasonable suspicion training for supervisors will teach managers
- to more quickly recognize immediate safety concerns as well as potential substance abuse
- to properly confront an employee or co-worker that may be impaired or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- to objectively document reasonable suspicion
UNDERSTANDING SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Key supervisor responsibilities include:
- knowing the company's or organization’s drug-free workplace policy. Supervisors should be knowledgeable of situations or actions that violate the drug free workplace policy and the penalties an employee will face if they are found in violation of the policy.
- explaining the policy to employees. Employees questions and concerns in regard to your workplace policy require a solid understanding of the policy in order to accurately to answer their questions.
- understanding the role a supervisor plays such as recognizing different signs of potential drug and/or alcohol and properly addressing and documenting the situation
- being aware that substance abuse may not be the reason for poor job performance or lack of compliance with safety rules.
- Be able to recognize suspicious activity and behavior with a 100% proficiency.
- Be able to express an understanding of industry terms and the protocols involved by completing an online quiz with 75% or greater proficiency.
Share This Course
Published:May, 13 2019
Updated:Dec, 9 2022