NON-DOT GENERAL DESIGNATED EMPLOYER REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING (DER)
This course is designed for non-DOT, meaning not regulated by the department of transportation, Designated Employer Representatives (DER), aka drug and alcohol testing program manager, to provide training on managing a drug-free workplace program. This will cover situations and issues a DER is likely to face in regard to drug free workplace testing. Note: If your program does include employees that fall under DOT regulations, we recommend you take not only this course but also the agency-specific DOT Designated Employer Representative Course.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR ROLE AS A DER
Key aspects of the course address the following:
- Your role and responsibilities as a DER.
- Best practices in managing your drug free workplace program.
- The steps in the drug and alcohol testing process.
- How to handle problems that may arise during the testing process.
- Regulations that may apply to or affect how you manage your company drug free workplace program.
- How to best choose service agents.
- Education and training that may be required for supervisors as well as employees.
- Record keeping requirements.
- Best practices for all parts of your program.
Share This Course
Published:May, 13 2019
Updated:Dec, 14 2022